[MAILSCANNER] increase score

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Sep 20 16:58:44 IST 2005

Jon Miller wrote:
> Yes, there was an antidrug.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin.  Why must this be deleted?  curious.

Because antidrug was written as an add-on ruleset for users of SA 2.x.

During the development of SA 3.0, I contributed these rules to the Spamassassin
project directly. Thus, if you're using a version of SA newer than 3.0, you
already have these rules in your default set and antidrug.cf is redundant.

FWIW, I'm the author of antidrug.cf, so I can speak authoritatively about it.

> Is there a format that the local.cf file must follow?

There is no "general format" for local.cf, but each item in it must be a valid
option from man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

Be sure to run spamassassin --lint when you're done, as this will check your
files for errors.