BitDefender.txt and [spam] tag

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:22:19 IST 2005

On 17/09/05, Raylund Lai <raylund.lai at kankanwoo.com> wrote:
> Are you using BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3.linux, aren't you?
> Mailscanner will autoupdate all found virus scanners with its
> update_virus_scanners cron job.  And the error should be returned in
> mail log.  You don't need to run anything for the update from BitDefender.

Well, update_virus_scanners will definitely run bdc --update, so if
that borks out, so will the MS update script.

ISTR the error to actually mention some dll(!) problem or other, which
is rather insane on a linux box:-)... But as said, the very few times
I've had this, removing bdc completely and reisntalling/reupdating...
I do run bdc on a Mandrake system, although I've let that one stay at
10.1... Hang on I'll try it on a LE05 ... Hmmmm, this doesn't work.
If you try for example
bdc --info
you get a carp about libfn, right? And if you do
bdc --update
it'll just clain a problem with "finding update dll" (yuk)... This is
probably due to some lib being to new or other.
Hmmm. I'll have to mull this a bit.

> Please check all your installation and read Mailscanner's Wiki
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_virus:bitdefender:install

Thanks for the plug:). Not much use (yet) for this case, but thanks anyway.

> Cheers
> Raylund
(snipetty-snip)

--