Pyzor errors

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sun Sep 18 00:45:29 IST 2005

Hi all

Just installed SA 3.1.0 and it's all running nicely. As Razor and DCC
are licensed and not used by default I thought I would give Pyzor a go.

It's all installed nicely but it just won't run. Pyzor discover works
fine but if i run it from either SA or command line I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/pyzor", line 4, in ?
     pyzor.client.run()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
line 934, in run
     ExecCall().run()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
line 188, in run
     if not apply(dispatch, (self, args)):
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
line 284, in report
     self.client.report):
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
line 299, in send_digest
     runner.run(server, (digest, spec, server))
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
line 725, in run
     response = apply(self.routine, varargs, kwargs)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
line 48, in report
     self.send(msg, address)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
line 77, in send
     self.socket.sendto(mac_msg_str, 0, address)
socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')

Now clearly the last line is significant. I have run this as root so
it's not (Or shouldn't be) a permissions problem with files or
directories and as root I shouldn't have issues with binding to low
numbered ports, which was one suggestion from Google.

Any ideas any one?

For the record:

FreeBSD 5.4 with python 2.4 and the latest pyzor installed from ports.

TIA

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy