FW: ANNOUNCE: SpamAssassin 3.1.0 available!

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:58:03 IST 2005

On 15/09/05, Peter Bates <Peter.Bates at lshtm.ac.uk> wrote:
(snip)
> > martinh at SOLID-STATE-LOGIC.COM 15/09/05 09:08:38 >>>
> >- Razor: disable Razor2 support by default per our policy, since the
> service
> >is not free for non-personal use.  It's trivial to reenable (by
> editing
> >  '/etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre').
>
> >- DCC: disable DCC for similar reasons, due to new license terms.
>
> Anyone know much about the last two comments?
> I must have missed these announcements/changes in licensing.

Razor2 isn't really new... look at
http://razor.sourceforge.net/docs/doc.php?type=text&name=SERVICE_POLICY

For DCC it's free unless you sell anti-spam/anti-virus services, just
as it says in the description at
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/dcc.html
(which means I can use it... Lucky me:).

--
-- Glenn