MailScanner not sending mail to /var/spool/mqueue

lester lasad llasad1 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Sep 9 00:06:22 IST 2005

--- Scott Silva <ssilva at SGVWATER.COM> wrote:

> lester lasad spake the following on 9/8/2005 1:16
> PM:
> > --- Scott Silva <ssilva at SGVWATER.COM> wrote:
> >

> >>lester lasad spake the following on 9/8/2005 12:05
> >>PM:

> 10:43

> >>past.

> is

> on

> will

> >>telling

> >>looks

> >>luck.

> >>mqueue.in.
> >>
> >>Kind of a stupid question, but can you trace it to
> >>an upgrade, or did it
> >>just break untouched?
> >

> > I did make one change to the MailScanner.conf.  I
> > didn't mention it earlier (but should have)
> because I
> > have had the same problem in the past with making
> any
> > changes at all.  I changed it to allow password
> > protected archives (for our HR department).  so I
> > changed the following from no to yes:
> >
> > # Should archives which contain any
> password-protected
> > files be allowed?
> > # Leaving this set to "no" is a good way of
> protecting
> > against all the
> > # protected zip files used by viruses at the
> moment.
> > # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> > Allow Password-Protected Archives = yes

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> >
> Maybe change it back just to see.
> Or maybe it is stumbling in a virus scanner.
> Do you have any installed? and what versions.
> I seem to remember a bump in one a while back, but
> can't for the life of
> me remember which one.

I'm using ClamAV (version 0.73) as my virus scanner.
I still have it set to allow password protected zip
files.  As I mentioned in my first email I said it
would probably start working on it's own.  It is
sending mail to mqueue now but it is slow.  It will
put about 100 or so in there route them but then I
have no activity in mqueue again for at least 10 - 20
minutes (haven't timed it accurately yet but will).
Thanks for any info or recommendations you can provide.