MailScanner not sending mail to /var/spool/mqueue

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Thu Sep 8 22:02:57 IST 2005

lester lasad spake the following on 9/8/2005 1:16 PM:
> --- Scott Silva <ssilva at SGVWATER.COM> wrote:
>

>>lester lasad spake the following on 9/8/2005 12:05
>>PM:

>>past.

>>>sendmail is my MTA, version 8.12.10 (ouch, i know
>>>needs to be upgraded).  The log really isn't
>>
>>telling
>>
>>>me much.  some old stuff in there, spamassassin
>>>timeout every now and then but that's about it.
>>
>>looks
>>
>>>OK.
>>>
>>>I moved the oldest files to mqueue but still no
>>
>>luck.
>>
>>>Now I can't even move everything from mqueue.in to
>>>mqueue becuase there is too much data in
>>
>>mqueue.in.
>>
>>Kind of a stupid question, but can you trace it to
>>an upgrade, or did it
>>just break untouched?
>

> I did make one change to the MailScanner.conf.  I
> didn't mention it earlier (but should have) because I
> have had the same problem in the past with making any
> changes at all.  I changed it to allow password
> protected archives (for our HR department).  so I
> changed the following from no to yes:
>
> # Should archives which contain any password-protected
> files be allowed?
> # Leaving this set to "no" is a good way of protecting
> against all the
> # protected zip files used by viruses at the moment.
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> Allow Password-Protected Archives = yes

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Maybe change it back just to see.
Or maybe it is stumbling in a virus scanner.
Do you have any installed? and what versions.
I seem to remember a bump in one a while back, but can't for the life of
me remember which one.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |