McAfee On Fedora Core 4

Jason Brault JBrault at SCOTFORGE.COM
Thu Sep 8 21:26:21 IST 2005

Hi MailScanner Gurus,

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get McAfee’s antivirus
scanner working under Fedora Core 4?  I’m getting an “error
while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.2.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory.”  To the best of my
knowledge, that library isn’t supported under FC4.  I’m using
version 4.40 of the command line scanner.

Has anyone else had any success?

Best Regards,

-Jason

Jason Brault

Communications Administrator - Scot Forge Company

8001 Winn Rd., Spring Grove, IL.  60081

Phone: (815) 675-4247

Fax: (815) 675-4129

Email: jbrault at scotforge.com