MailScanner not sending mail to /var/spool/mqueue

lester lasad llasad1 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 8 21:16:38 IST 2005

--- Scott Silva <ssilva at SGVWATER.COM> wrote:

> lester lasad spake the following on 9/8/2005 12:05
> PM:
> > --- Scott Silva <ssilva at SGVWATER.COM> wrote:
> >

> >>lester lasad spake the following on 9/8/2005 10:43
> >>AM:

> past.

> >>not

> >>my

> >>Which MTA? Sendmail? Postfix? Exim? ...?
> >>If you just move the oldest file in mqueue.in will
> >>it start up?
> >>Any clues in the log?
> >

> > sendmail is my MTA, version 8.12.10 (ouch, i know
> > needs to be upgraded).  The log really isn't
> telling
> > me much.  some old stuff in there, spamassassin
> > timeout every now and then but that's about it.
> looks
> > OK.
> >
> > I moved the oldest files to mqueue but still no
> luck.
> > Now I can't even move everything from mqueue.in to
> > mqueue becuase there is too much data in
> mqueue.in.
>
> Kind of a stupid question, but can you trace it to
> an upgrade, or did it
> just break untouched?

I did make one change to the MailScanner.conf.  I
didn't mention it earlier (but should have) because I
have had the same problem in the past with making any
changes at all.  I changed it to allow password
protected archives (for our HR department).  so I
changed the following from no to yes:

# Should archives which contain any password-protected
files be allowed?
# Leaving this set to "no" is a good way of protecting
against all the
# protected zip files used by viruses at the moment.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Allow Password-Protected Archives = yes