MailScanner gateway system

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Tue Sep 6 23:10:12 IST 2005

I am trying to get mailScanner setup using sendmail to relay all incoming
traffic to our exchange server.  I have all traffic coming into the
MailScanner box with Sendmail for the MTA.  But sendmail blocks our
remote pop3 users from sending email outside the company.  I need
sendmail to collect all email, scan it with
MailScanner/SpamAssassin/ClamAv, then pass it on to the exchange server,
but our remote users need to authenticate in some way – either to
sendmail with some kind of a lookup to AD in exchange or the remote users
need to send email directly to the exchange server.  The problem is that
both the sendmail system and the exchange system are behind a firewall
and the fire wall can only be portmapped to one of them.

eric