Warnings on lint test

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Sat Oct 29 16:55:58 IST 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> If people would use my easy-to-install ClamAV + SA installation package,
> they wouldn't be asking this question over and over again.

Hi Julian,

I am planning a move to SA 3.1.0 (can't wait any longer for redhat to
release it). Does the tar.gz have any advantages over rpms except for
better MS integration and of course the ease of installation? i've been
using the SA rpms for more than a year and clam rpms for about a couple
of years without any problems.

Would it be possible to provide a rpm based install of ClamAV+SA similar
to the MailScanner install.sh script, i think that'll leave no room for
a lot of users who are redhat (and clone) shops and tend to use rpms
exclusively unless absolutely unavoidable.

- dhawal