Odd missing X-Spam-Status: Yes header

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Fri Oct 28 00:15:50 IST 2005

Jim Davis spake the following on 10/27/2005 2:21 PM:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Glenn Steen wrote:
>

>>Why do you rely on procmail handling this?
>

> Procmail handles all local delivery, and I'm moving from a standalone
> spamd/spamc setup where users do something like
>
> :0:
> spam
>
> in their .procmailrc files.  By policy, the server just tags; what users
> do with that info is up to them.
>
> As far as I can tell, that shouldn't be spoofable by a spammer simply
> tacking on a 'X-Spam-Status: No' flag.

Wouldn't it depend on where their spoofed header is in the body of the
message. I think the earlier comment of changing the header to something
more personal,like X-SERVERNAME-Spam-Status:, and fixing that in their
.procmailrc

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |