Virii detection very low

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 26 20:53:44 IST 2005

On 26/10/05, Rick Cooper <rcooper at dwford.com> wrote:
> [...]

I've been running it with McAfee and Clamav for more than a year now.
If one looks at the stats for detections *without* Phishing, then BD
and Clam are tied for first place (note that both have been the "sole
detector" at some time), with McAfee just a hair or two behind (but
even so, McAfee has also been the sole detector too, just not as
often). With phishing detection included, clamav is the sole leader,
with McAfee well behind... BD is rumoured to have begun detecting
phises too, but I've not seen it happen in any bulk.
During this time I've had one (1) bad update that required manual
intervention, compared to zero (0) for clamav and two (2) for mcafee.

I'd say that at that price, you can't afford to not use it.
--
-- Glenn