Virii detection very low

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Wed Oct 26 19:55:47 IST 2005

Assuming the Linux version is the same as the windows version, because I
don't keep track of how often the Linux version updates even though I use
it, it updates quite frequently and it's not uncommon for the Linux version
to catch the viruses before clam or f-prot even though they are before BD in
my exim scan acls. I use the windows professional version 8 on my laptop and
have been quite happy with it for more than a year.

If you would like to see an interesting update frequency comparison check
this link

Note that the products marked beta are updated MUCH more often than there
general release version. Not a single one of the release versions is in the
top 50% while the betas are all in the top 5% or so. BD comes in the top 4
when you remove the beta products from the list.

Rick

believed to be clean.