Virii detection very low

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Tue Oct 25 22:14:30 IST 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Drew Marshall wrote:

> Lull before the storm? It's been quiet on the list for ages now. I can't
> believe the virus writers have given up.
>
> Drew

Drew,
    Not true.  We have been getting our butts kicked in the last week
by Windoze boxes infected with Mytob variants that quickly morph into
spambots.  Some spambots go directly out to the Internet, and some route
email via our mail server.  Our legit mail server ended up in Spamcop
this morning.  Ouch.  The IPBlock feature of MailScanner has been some
help here but it isn't pretty.  The virus writers have an unholy alliance
with the spammers now.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College