DCC install not going well

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Oct 25 20:18:34 IST 2005

Chris W. Parker wrote:
> When I ran ./configure I got the following message:
>
> look for sendmail milter library in
> ./../sendmail/obj.Linux.2.6.9-11.EL.i686
>         *** cannot build dccm without sendmail headers in ./../sendmail
>                 and libraries in
> ./../sendmail/obj.Linux.2.6.9-11.EL.i686 ***
>
> I have no idea what this means so I went ahead (as indicated above) and
> ran install and make install anyway since I thought maybe that message
> was just a defualt message and not necessarily an error.

You probably don't have milter enabled for Sendmail. You don't need it
for what you want to do with DCC either so don't bother. Try ./configure
--help if you want to learn more.

After make install, you can try cdcc help, cdcc info and dccproc. Also
run spamassassin -D --lint and look for the part about DCC. It should
say that dccproc was found.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun