Message tagged as spam even if sender is whitelisted

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Oct 24 20:04:21 IST 2005

Scott Silva writes:

>> You need to add the lines for things like the SURBL plugins as well. If
>> you install SpamAssassin and ClamAV using my easy-install package, then
>> it will have told you all the changes you need to make to v310.pre.
>> Download and unpack my package and look at the "echo" commands at the
>> end of the install.sh script. That will tell you everything you need to
>> change in the file, and will significantly improve your spam
>> identification rates.
>>
> It is too bad that the script can't add those lines, commented out as
> necessary, to the end of the local.cf file.

1. perl -e "s/^#loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC/loadplugin
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC/g;" -pi /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre
2. perl -e "s/^#loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2/loadplugin
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2/g;" -pi /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre

AND

cat >> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf < EOF
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL
EOF

Easy! huh, coming from someone who doesn't even know perl

 - dhawal

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender by e-mail requesting deletion of the original message.
Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its
contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
risk
of virus infection & spam, but is not liable for any damage, you may sustain
as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to
or from this e-mail address.

Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd.'s e-mail system.