Poll: New logo

DAve dave.list at PIXELHAMMER.COM
Mon Oct 24 16:43:43 IST 2005

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:
> How about a compromise?
>
> Keep the existing logo. Use the new logo for some new things and let people
> choose to use whichever logo they are happy with?
>
> Or did I miss something?
>
> It's not like Spam Assassin that had a hideous logo until the redesign last
> year
>
> Just my 2 cents

Multiple logos is a bad thing, it promotes brand dilution. Ideally a
brand should be easily recognizable, even in a single color. Think
Mercedes, Chevrolet, Nike. These brands are recognized all over the
world. The name is not important, people will identify the logo on
sight. They are constants and well known.

Consider this, a fantastic review of MailScanner is written. Potential
customers read the review and enthusiastically decide to download and
try the product. When they follow the link from the review, they see a
different logo. Any confidence in MailScanner that they had from the
review could be lost when the link takes them to a website with a
different logo/colors.

"Is this the same product that was reviewed? I don't know".

Just my thoughts, nothing more.

DAve