Help with bayes administration/setup

Chris W. Parker cparker at SWATGEAR.COM
Fri Oct 21 20:09:02 IST 2005

Scott Silva <mailto:ssilva at SGVWATER.COM>
    on Friday, October 21, 2005 11:09 AM said:

> Did you stop MailScanner before you changed the bayes files?

No.

> Did you check the permissions?

No. What are they supposed to be?

> Run a lint test?

No.

> Restart MailScanner (not reload)?

No.

However, I just installed MailWatch and it required that I stop
MailScanner, move the bayes db from the original location to a MailWatch
specific spot, run a lint test, and then start MailScanner.

In other words when I originally installed the FSL files I did none of
what you said, but I've done it since then. Have I screwed things up?

Chris.