Mailwatch &SQLWhitelist

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Mon Oct 17 22:50:01 IST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 08:28 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> Dean Maluski spake the following on 10/15/2005 8:35 AM:
> > I just got mailwatch working, sortof.
> > I altered /etc/MailScanner.conf
> > to support
> > Is Definitely Spam = &SQLBlacklist and
> >
> > Is Definitely Not Spam = &SQLWhitelist.
> > I added a test sender to SQLblacklist via web interface and sure enough
> > it worked. I also have been creating whitelist entries.
> > Those don't seem to be working. At least they are not showing up in
> > weblist as green.
> > I will have to sift through instructions again but I think that
> > whitelist would work tyhe same as blacklist without any major changes or
> > something I did that was stupid possibly.
> >
> Try and restart MailScanner and tail -f the maillog. You can look for
> the startup loading of the black and whitelists to see if the whitelist
> is loading. If blacklists are working, I would think that either there
> is a typo in MailScanner.conf, or invalid whitelist entries.
> For instance, you can not wildcard a domain with "@somedomain.com"
> because the ampersand seems to be invalid if not in a single address.
> "user at somedomain.com" is valid, but for an entire domain you need
> "somedomain.com".
> Also look for another "Is Definitely Not Spam =" entry that is not
> commented out.

As a follow up question...

Can you enable both the MailScanner whitelist/blacklist and the
MailWatch SQLWhite/Black lists at the same time.

I've been using MailScanner's whitelist/blacklists for some time now but
it is convenient to be able to just click on email in MailWatch to add
it to the SQL lists.