Best practice

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Thu Oct 13 18:18:10 IST 2005

That has to do with an old vulnerability wherein you could place an
incorrect ending suffix such as txt to an executable and it would fire off
rather than use notepad because it was aware of the actual file type. I
don't think it really exists anymore. The normal double filter would catch
something ending some.exe later down the expressions.

The only reason I even keep the above rule around is you never know what
some 3d part application might do.

Rick

believed to be clean.