Best practice

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Thu Oct 13 11:53:42 IST 2005

Hi,

> Hi
>
> Double file extensions still catch anough viruses etc for me before
> the AV people update to it useful..
>
> This then becomes an education issue... advise people not to put dots
> in filesnames as many anti-virus gateways will not them through as
> they are a potential virus.

<SNIP>

I agree that it is an education issue.  I have managed to convince
most of my users that email is not a file transfer medium.  Yes, it
is convenient to send small files as attachments to emails, but if
people are regularly sending project related files to each other they
should be picking a more suitable mechanism.

--
Anthony Peacock
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and