Traffic Backup for security propose.

Aslan Carlos de Medeiros Ramos aslan at AEON.COM.BR
Tue Oct 11 17:12:50 IST 2005

Hi  Julian,
Thanks for help me, this option "Archive Mail" it's my solution, but I
can't understand the rules,
there say
# Space-separated list of any combination of
# 1. email addresses to which mail should be forwarded,
# 2. directory names where you want mail to be stored,
# 3. file names (they must already exist!) to which mail will be appended
#    in "mbox" format suitable for most Unix mail systems.
#
# If you give this option a ruleset, you can control exactly whose mail
# is archived or forwarded. If you do this, beware of the legal
implications
# as this could be deemed to be illegal interception unless the police
have
# asked you to do this.
(Where a put the 1,2 or 3 sayed above)?

I'd make a file rule follow a exemple
/etc/MailScanner/rules/achive.rules
FromOrTo:    user at domain.com        /var/spool/MailScanner/achive/user
above is append all the traffic from or to to the file user in the one
dir, but my problem is , I need to order by date
exemple : /var/spool/MailScanner/user/$date/in or out .
Any Idea?

Thanks for all,
Aslan Carlos