Question about custom functions / generic spam plugin: Can they add headers?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 09:04:54 IST 2005

Beat you to it by miles on that one. What you want is this:

# Do you want to add the Envelope-From: header?
# This is very useful for tracking where spam came from as it
# contains the envelope sender address.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Add Envelope From Header = yes

# Do you want to add the Envelope-To: header?
# This can be useful for tracking spam destinations, but should be
# used with care due to possible privacy concerns with the use of
# Bcc: headers by users.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Add Envelope To Header = no

# This is the name of the Envelope From header
# controlled by the option above.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Envelope From Header = X-MailScanner-From:

# This is the name of the Envelope To header
# controlled by the option above.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Envelope To Header = X-MailScanner-To:

On 10 Oct 2005, at 04:38, Stijn Jonker wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> There is currently a requirement popping up to add to headers for all
> email towards an domain:
>
> Before diving in writing my own libmilter function/program I was
> thinking of the custom function and/or the generic spam plugin.
>
> Whilst reading the book it didn't become really clear whether
> either of
> them can do it. I checked the source and although some experience at
> perl I'm unsure if i can call the functions AddHeader/ChangeHeader
> from
> the various mailer pm's suchs as Sendmail.pm.
>
> Therefore my question, is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Stijn
> --
> Met Vriendelijke groet/Yours Sincerely