OT: Sophisticated size limiting ...

Garry Glendown garry at GLENDOWN.DE
Fri Oct 7 22:06:27 IST 2005

Possibly/Most likely not really a MS question, but maybe somebody has an
idea ...

A customer of ours is running a Linux system, having switched from a
Novell/Tobit server ... Before, they had the possibility of
"quarantining" specific mails, like, too large, unwanted attachment or
too many recipients. Just a couple days ago, something happened that
would have been avoided with the old system - some "intelligent" user
sent a mail to 400+ local users with an 13MB word attachment (MIME
encoded 18mb mail) ...

Question: Does anybody know of a way to do some more granularly
defineable mail handling, as mentioned above? I know I can set the
maximum message size, which would be a starter, but then the message
should be forwarded to the admin account, not rejected ...

Tnx, -garry