MailScanner on boot

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Fri Oct 7 21:47:26 IST 2005

Information Services spake the following on 10/7/2005 12:52 PM:
> You were right...MailScanner-mrtg looks like it is causing the
> problem...here is what I just got from my log
>
> Oct  7 14:45:03 wks-lin8 MailScanner-MRTG[2873]: Number of MailScanner
> processes below threshold, restarting MailScanner
>
> I guess I don't understand how MailScanner-MRTG is restarting when I
> commented out all the lines in cron.d files.

That was supposed to be fixed in 0.10.00-1.
I think it looks for the same file that MailScanner generates when you
run service MailScanner stop.
/var/lock/subsys/MailScanner.off
To quote the changelog "Now will not restart MailScanner if MailScanner
was shut down using its init script."
So if you stop MailScanner from it's init script, and then reboot, does
it still restart?
You might need to restore some of the changes you have made.
--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |