MailScanner on boot

Information Services lbcadmin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:32:30 IST 2005

Julian,

I see what you are saying, and I gave it a try, and for some reason
MailScanner starts on it's own.  Thinking about what I have running on my
system:

MailWatch
RDJ
Spamassassin
sendmail

I realized that I had made a config change in /etc/rulesdujour/config and
added
SA_RESTART="/etc/init.d/MailScanner restart";

I changed this line to "/root/do_nothing.sh";  and then turned off
MailScanner with 'service MailScanner stop'....rebooted, I have looked
into all my cron jobs, and there is nothing that I can see in cron that
would specify MailScanner.  I am not sure what else to check.   About one
minute after a reboot MailScanner starts automatically.  What am I
missing here?