[NATIONAL-ALERTS] (AUSCERT AL-2005.0030) Trojan "Hesive" Targets Microsoft Access Vulnerability (fwd)

Thu Oct 6 15:18:58 IST 2005

One more reason why you need to manage the M$ desktop with
LanDesk/SMS/whatever and not let the users handle all this themselves...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic
Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

-----Original Message-----
Of Julian Field
Sent: 06 October 2005 15:14
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [MAILSCANNER] [NATIONAL-ALERTS] (AUSCERT AL-2005.0030) Trojan
"Hesive" Targets Microsoft Access Vulnerability (fwd)

They miss out 2 things:

1) an apology for having to publicly admit that you can't trust their
files
2) going to Windows Update to get a patch for Office (which is
presumably where they will patch it) won't work, as Office patches
are only available from office.microsoft.com and not from
windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

- --
Julian Field

believed to be clean.