MailScanner + Sendmail-8.12.8-4

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Mon Oct 3 16:54:40 IST 2005

Alfred Orimbo spake the following on 10/1/2005 9:22 AM:
> Hallo all.
> I have just insttalled MailScanner, and I run sendmail-8.12.8-4.
> After stoping Sendmail, mails come in ok, but are held up in /var/spool/mqueue.in. How do i modify the script that starts sendmail to enable the scanned mails go to /var/spool/mqueue? Does MailScanner work with sendmail-8.12.8-4?
>
> My OS is Linux 9.0 (Shrike) and MailScanner-4.4.0.11-1.
>
> The combination is MailScanner+Sendmail+SpamAssassin. I do not have problem with SpamaAssassin.
>
> Regards,
> Alfred.

You do not run sendmail with MailScanner. You just run MailScanner and
it will take care of running the sendmail processes needed.
Did you do the following?
service sendmail stop
chkconfig sendmail off
chkconfig MailScanner on
service MailScanner start

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |