Rejecting email with an informative message

Pentland G. G.Pentland at SOTON.AC.UK
Mon Nov 28 12:02:21 GMT 2005

Hi Peter,

I agree with the suggestion to do this from the MTA (postfix in your
case) but if you really want to do this with a "nice" email back to the
sender then you are probably looking at some custom code.  When doing
this you need to be *sure* the sending address is not forged or some
poor innocent person will get swamped with your "nice" email.

you'll need:

1. An SA rule that matches that sender and gives a score of 100 or so.

2. A custom pm that replaces "High Scoring Spam Action" with some code
that will detect that rule being used and send you custom sender report,
the default action should be the same as your current "High Scoring Spam
Action".

As with most MailScanner things there are other ways to do this and the
approach above is how "I" would go about it.

Regards,

Gary