phishing whitelist not loading

Sam Lewis slewis at COMPLAW.COM
Sat Nov 26 15:59:33 GMT 2005

I just upgraded to MailScanner-4.47.4-2 on CentOS and Redhat
systems.  The upgrade went fine, and everything seems to be working
except for one minor issue.  While all systems have managed to load
(and update daily) the phishing.safe.sites.conf file, two of my
systems refuse to read it.  When MailScanner starts on those systems,
I get the message in the maillog that MailScanner read 0 hostnames
from the phishing whitelist.

Any idea why some machines would read this file just fine, and others
would not?  Any suggestions for debugging this?