OT: Senderbase

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu Nov 24 02:06:17 GMT 2005

Hi,
    Yes, I check them for our domain periodically, especially if we
are having spambot outbreak problems.  Their information is generally
useful BUT it is not updated in strictly daily fashion like they
indicate.  I have killed listed spambots and had them linger with a
non-zero daily magnitude for several days afterwords.  I sent
senderbase email queries (about this topic and other things).  They
will respond eventually -- but not quickly.  IMHO, generally useful
info but nothing like "real time" info.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College