MailScanner on freebsd

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.mailscanner at ADVENTURAS.NO
Thu Nov 24 01:41:55 GMT 2005

> According to the section "Change Commands that start Sendmail"
>
> Two sendmail processes are needed in order for MailScanner and sendmail
> to function. On FreeBSD 5.4, sendmail on boot up is loading by
> /etc/rc.sendmail with defaults specified under /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
>
> In order to have two sendmail processes load at startup, would I have
> to modify the /etc/rc.conf to override sendmail defaults by adding:
>
># Modified /etc/rc.conf would have these lines.
>
># This would take care of the first sendmail process.
> sendmail_enable="YES"
> sendmail_flags="-L sm-mta -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn
> -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in"
>
># Startup second sendmail process points to /var/spool/mqueue
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta -bd -q15m

Did you install the port?
#pkg_info -Lx MailScanner | grep rc.d
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner.sh.sample
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mta.sh.sample

If you have installed mailscanner from ports you should have the above
files which you may need to rename to *.sh
If you for some reason do not want to use the port, you may still take a
look at those files here:
#ls /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner/files/
or through the ports-cgi at freebsd.org

--