ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Tue Nov 22 15:16:21 GMT 2005

Why not just ln -f -s /MailScannerPath/etc/spamassassin.prefs.conf
site_rules_path/mailscanner.cf?

> So people expecting to find spam.assassin.prefs.conf will still have
> it, but the real file will be in mailscanner.cf in the
> site_rules_path directory.
>
> When they upgrade by RPM, what should I do? Once they have the
> mailscanner.cf in place, it's easy. It's the first upgrade to the new
> structure that I have to handle carefully. Any ideas?

Wouldn't the above handle this also? At the very least the rpm install
scripts could add the link. Or When MailScanner loads it could look for a
soft link at site_rules_path/mailscanner.cf and create it then.

Rick

believed to be clean.