ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Nov 22 12:42:38 GMT 2005

Hi,

> On 22/11/05, Anthony Peacock <a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hi Julian,
> >
> (snip)
> >
> > This works on my system (extra print statements are there purely to
> > get around line wrapping):
> >
> > #!/usr/local/bin/perl
> >
> > use Mail::SpamAssassin;
> > $a = new Mail::SpamAssassin;
> >
> > print "site rules is \"";
> > print $a->first_existing_path
> > (@Mail::SpamAssassin::site_rules_path); print "\"\n";
> >

> > I would be graetful if people could check this, and try it on other
> > systems.
> >
> > --
> > Anthony Peacock
> > CHIME, Royal Free & University College Medical School
> > WWW:    http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/~rmhiajp/
> > "Screens are sometimes called displays because they
> > display stuff ..." - UNIX for Dummies.
> >

> Hi Anthony,
>
> That snippet works nicely for me (well, apart from the /usr/local/bin
> path:-).

Yeah!  Sorry about the shebang line... On my system /usr/bin/perl and
/usr/local/bin/perl are the same thing.

> Prints the correct path on a Mandrake 10.1 (LE 2005) running
> SA 3.0.4 (perl 5.8.5) and a Mandriva 10.2 (2006) running SA 3.1.0
> (perl 5.8.6).
>
> Now, if some of our sunny friends (not to mention the *bsd ones) would
> check too...:-)

Ooh!  I forgot to say I ran this on Solaris 8, with SA 3.1.

--
Anthony Peacock
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a