ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Nov 22 11:41:15 GMT 2005

Hi Julian,

> Hi Julian,

> > On 22 Nov 2005, at 10:17, Anthony Peacock wrote:
<SNIP>

> > I entirely agree. One request though: I have been trying to dig
> > through the SA data structures to work out how to get at the
> > properties mentioned to calculate the directory path names so I know
> > where to put the mailscanner.cf file. I can't figure it out.
> >
> > Can someone (Matt perhaps?) please try and work it out for me? Can't
> > get my head around it today.

This works on my system (extra print statements are there purely to
get around line wrapping):

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use Mail::SpamAssassin;
$a = new Mail::SpamAssassin;

print "site rules is \"";
print $a->first_existing_path (@Mail::SpamAssassin::site_rules_path);
print "\"\n";

I would be graetful if people could check this, and try it on other
systems.

--
Anthony Peacock
"Screens are sometimes called displays because they