ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 22 10:16:11 GMT 2005

Please accept my sincere apologies for anything I said yesterday. My
only excuse is that I was awaiting some very important information
from my consultant. In the end it didn't go the way I would have
preferred. So I was more than a little edgy.
My apologies again.

On 21 Nov 2005, at 22:28, Matt Kettler wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
>> My question still stands: what is the following code supposed to say?
>>
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> Can you double check that please?
>>>
>>> use Mail::SpamAssassin;
>>> $a = new Mail::SpamAssassin;
>>> print "site rules is \"" . $a->{siterules} . "\"\n";
>>> produces
>>> site rules is ""
>>> so it's not called "siterules". Please can you provide me a code
>>> snippet (requiring no external configs) that produces the text
>>> you are
>>> looking for.
>

> Well, I did say I knew little of perl. I was merely wondering if it
> was
> accessible. Apparently not.
>
> The code that's relevant from SpamAssassin.pm is:
>
>     my $siterules = $self->{site_rules_filename};
>     $siterules ||= $self->first_existing_path (@site_rules_path);
>

> I have no idea what the perl word "my" does. Does this declare an
> item as a
> local to the function? or export it to the module? Or something else?

- --
Julian Field

believed to be clean.