No Report Template Found

Max Kipness max at KIPNESS.COM
Mon Nov 21 15:34:10 GMT 2005

Hello -

I'm trying to run some tests to see if my SA rules are working right.

When I run the following:

spamassassin -t /home/***/mail/SpamStudy

I get a full report at the bottom as such:

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 1.1 SARE_RECV_IP_061190    Spam passed through possible spammer relay
 0.1 DATE_IN_PAST_24_48     Date: is 24 to 48 hours before Received: date
 2.4 SARE_SPEC_XXGEOCITIES  URI: spamsign pointing to free webhost spam site
 3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                            [score: 1.0000]
 1.2 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
               [Blocked - see
<http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?61.190.129.35>]

But when I run the command as below, I do not get the report, but rather
at the end get a "No Report Template Found" message.

spamassassin -C /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf -t
/home/***/mail/SpamStudy

Is this the correct way to run the test since I am using MailScanner?
Isn't the default location of the spamassassin config
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf? This file only has two lines in it.

The above email tested subsequently got through MailScanner without
hitting the above rules, so now I'm wondering if there is something wrong
with my spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.

Thanks,
Max