Child Process vs batch size

Pete Russell pete at ENITECH.COM.AU
Tue Nov 15 09:24:49 GMT 2005

You can test this when your destination MTA is down and 2 or 3k message
bank up- not sure how you can test this in real time without causing
lots of delays for end users?

It doesnt reach more than 10 because MS looks every 5sec and processes
what mail it finds providing its less than 30 messages, I assume max per
batch is set to 30. In 5 sec your mail server doesnt accumulate more
than 10 messages.

Performance when you get hammered wont change all that much (in my
limeted experience) in low volume environments, like mine.