installing libmilter

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Fri Nov 11 14:42:07 GMT 2005

That's an interesting point and I'll pass your comment along to Anthony
Howe. A quiet or less verbose switch might be useful.

In reviewing the milter-ahead documentation I found two useful switches that
I had missed before :) I'll pass them along as you might find them useful:

-R
    Reject a RCPT if it uses a routed address (the %-hack).

-B
    For a backup-MX, reject mail when the primary MX is available. This does
not conform with RFC 974 "MAIL ROUTING AND THE DOMAIN SYSTEM" section
"Interpreting the List of MX RRs", paragraph 7, sentence 2 and 3, which only
requires mail clients to attempt delivery to the primary first, before
trying other MXes. Spammers often attempt to by-pass spam filters by sending
email directly to secondary MX machines, which often have weaker
requirements. This option essentially demands that a client only deliver to
the primary MX when it is available.

The full documentation and other useful milters can be found at:

	http://www.snertsoft.com/

Steve

Stephen Swaney
Fort Systems Ltd.