more Panda Wrapper drama

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 11 10:02:01 GMT 2005

On 11/11/05, Rick Cooper <rcooper at dwford.com> wrote:
(snip... discussion on how to use pandawrapper, and why it is as it is)

> As an aside Panda called me last week and asked if I would be interested in
> using them for the corporate desktop A/V solution and I recapped my
> experiences with their Linux command line product and the related tech
> support. I assured them BitDefender would be our desktop solution. I did
> tell their people that the way they handled the pavcl output problems would
> certainly weigh in on how comfortable I would be in signing on with the
> windows product for 300+ desktops and the support people made it clear the
> could not care less... the sales person certainly did not seem to agree with
> them. It's too bad given every person I spoke with at panda that was related
> to the pavcl project, except the programmers, agreed that the pavcl out put
> was handled badly and the programming staff had been asked to change it for
> more than a year... Last I checked it had not been updated. They should take
> a lesson from the BD *nix project and they might find a more receptive I.T.
> community when it comes to the windows product.
>
> Rick

WTG!

So now, with "the writing on the wall" so to speak, perhaps they will
not just "tell their programmers it's bad", but actually take action.
Not that I, or you, really care:-). It's just that one wants any AV
that MS claim support for to be as optimal as possible. The good
effort you've done is truly commendable, but... As you say, how can we
really ever trust them (as a provider of AV services)? Oh well, there
it is.

I just snuck a peak at their download site... Still the same package (7.0.1).

--
-- Glenn