more Panda Wrapper drama

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 10 14:55:31 GMT 2005

On 10/11/05, Victor DiMichina <victor at pixelmagicfx.com> wrote:
> Searching through the archives,  I have found a lot of questions but no
> answers on how to actually get the Panda Wrapper to work.    Below is
> the output of two tests on an EICAR virus.
>
> The  first command was done with the wrapper.   Here you see the command
> and the output of "Virus: 0" even though there is clearly an eicar virus
> in that directory.:
>
> [root at hoshi 715]# /usr/lib/MailScanner/panda-wrapper /usr -nsb -eng -aex
> -nso -aut -cmp .
> Virus: 0

This is a matetr of how you are calling the wrapper, or rather how it
differs from the directory layout when you call it compared to when it
is called in MS.

(As implied in my not
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_virus:panda:install#notes_on_panda_support_in_mailscanner)
It assumes that the files to scan is in subdirectories to the current
working directory (the "." is ignored), and runs pavcl once/directory.
so if you "cd .." and rerun the wrapper, it'll probably work OK....
And If you pass the EICAR through "the normal way"
(http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:test_troubleshoot:mta:connexion)
it'd probably work too.

Rick Cooper (who wrote the current wrapper) can perhaps elaborate a
bit on why it looks like it does (as well as if I'm right;).
--
-- Glenn