Trouble with SpamAssassin getting killed

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Nov 10 14:52:11 GMT 2005

David Lucas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been noticing that MailScanner is reporting that Spamassassin has timed
> out and it killing the process.
>
> MailScanner[24804]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, failure 3 of 10
>
> I've also been getting in the message header of messages:
>
> MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (timed out)
>
> Does anyone know why Spamassassin would time out??  Is there something
> wrong?!?!

Most likely it's only something wrong with MailScanner.

check your bayes directory.. are there a bunch of bayes "expire" files laying
around? If so, MailScanner is killing SA as it tries to expire tokens.

Quite frankly, I've never had MailScanner "time out" spamassassin for any valid
reason since SA 2.43. As a result have my spamassassin timeout set for 10
minutes now.