run spamassassin -D --lint Is this command relevent for MailScanner bundle

Wed Nov 9 14:32:55 GMT 2005

Marc

Most people use RulesDuJour to update their rules from Rulesemporium etc.

You'll need to ammend the lint check to something like..

spamassassin -p /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf -D
--lint

(all one line, check the path is correct, I don't run the FreeBSD port
version)

This checks any new rules for syntax errors before you restart MailScanner,
as you want the new rules to work before you restart MS and implement these
new rules....

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator