run spamassassin -D --lint Is this command

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Wed Nov 9 14:26:46 GMT 2005

On Wed, November 9, 2005 14:14, Marc Dufresne wrote:
> I've came across this command spamassassin -D --lint  on the Rules
> Emporium website. They indicate you must run this command before
> implementing new Live rules.
>
> Should this command be used even if I am using MailsScanner port for
> FreeBSD? I installed MailScanner bundle using (install-ClamSA).

Yes, although I would also add -p
/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/spam.assasin.rules

> What are the command line arguments -D --lint?? I can't seem to find
> docs explaining what each argument is and why?

-D is debug, --lint is the rules test (There is probably a better
explaination but you get the idea), -p path to prefs file

HTH

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy