upgrade info request

Jon Miller jlmiller at MMTNETWORKS.COM.AU
Wed Nov 9 09:42:07 GMT 2005

Yes, I got the same plus some extras.  But what I want to do is upgrage SA and using apt-get does not yield anything regarding SA. I'm assuming the only way of doing this is either to download and compile the .tgz or a perl upgrade.  I saw on the CPAN search there is SA version 3.1.  Also I wanted to install the Net::DNS and this too only sits at the prompt.  So either my perl isn't configured properly or something else has gone off.

Jon

Jon Miller wrote:
> I've been trying to install the file and all I'm getting is the following:
> cpan> install Mail::SpamAssassin
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> LWP not available
> CPAN: Net::FTP loaded ok
> Fetching with Net::FTP:
>   ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
>
> It just stays there, is there a way to check that the program is working properly?  Is there a conf file that I can look at to see if the source(s) are correct? or is there a way to rerun the perl configuration to choose another source.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

In a new cpan session run the command: "o conf init" ( no quotes)
this will walk you through the configuration.

However, if you are on debian you should be using apt-get / apt-cache
search to find and install the perl libraries
For example:
apt-get update;apt-cache search perl|grep dns

gives me:

-- libnet-dns-perl - Perform DNS queries from a Perl script

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Quality Business Hosting & Colocation
http://www.blacknight.ie/