Calling All MCAFEE Users: Re: McAfee DownLoad URL does not work...

Dj Ajos1 ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 00:30:16 GMT 2005

-

I have done more research into this  download.nai.com  problem...  it seems that most of the problems seem to be that the address does not resolve all of the time...  not sure why...

Sometimes it resolves as a single address... another time... lots of aliases... other times not at all.

People are right that they can still get the files on the system (if your know the names)... even though you cannot browse the link.

I have not had a single failure after changing to:  ftp://ftpeur.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x

Not sure what the solution is...  but I definitely recommend a change from http://download.nai.com/products/datfiles/4.x/nai  to one of the others that has been mentioned.

> > Dj Ajos1 wrote:
> >
> > >Urgent update... as lots of people's mcafee systems will be out of
> date
> > (I think it has been wrong for months)!
> > >
> > >In file:-   /usr/lib/MailScanner/mcafee-autoupdate
> > >
> > >The line/entry...
> > >
> > >   FTPDIR=http://download.nai.com/products/datfiles/4.x/nai
> > >
> > >Does not work any more...
> > >
> > >But this one does!
> > >
> > >   FTPDIR=ftp://ftpeur.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance...

==
=
= "I tend to look off to the right and left when I indulge in linear
=  analysis."
=
=  Need help dealing with Parking Tickets, Bailiffs, Capita or NTL...
=  Call...    +44 8457 90 90 90    http://www.samaritans.org/
=