Which SARE Rules?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Nov 8 23:57:05 GMT 2005

Peter Russell wrote:
> Thanks Matt. Like you said, i moved all the cf files out one at a time
> until i found the culprit. I found it was the blacklist and
> blacklist_uri rules sets causing the issues. Lint test is back down to
> less than 8sec.
>
> DNS is a win2k server that is under powered, over loaded and about to be
> decommissioned. But have always had heaps of issues settibng up a cache
> in this network, another time maybe.

Really?? it shouldn't be very hard..

With named all you need to do is set two global options, forward only and
forwarders.

You'll probably want to add a hint zone for . and a pair of zonefiles for
localhost/127.0.0.1, but that's simple too.

Your whole named.conf would look something akin to this:

options {

        forward only;
        forwarders {
                192.168.x.x;192.168.x.x;