MS and *gulp* Qmail

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Sun Nov 6 10:51:34 GMT 2005

Res writes:

> Hi All,
> Has anyone got a simple how-to on this?
> I found some stuff from google about a gazilion things to modify, did it
> all and it fails still, one most google popular is some extract from a
> mailing list where it questions alot of useless doubling up, and using
> stuff from openprotect etc, still a miserable failure..
> MS has a qmail-send program? but unless im blind (good chance) I see no
> docs on how to get this all working.

You have 4 options
a. Use a MS + sendmail/postfix front-end server to the qmail server (will
require extra hardware).
b. Use MS + sendmail/postfix on the same server and change the port for
qmail to a different one (say 2525)
c. Use Openprotect, they do a decent job for qmail integration. I also run
at least 4 of them with qmail.
d. See http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/152.html for
instructions on manually integrating qmail with MailScanner.

hope that helps,
 - dhawal