Installation of MailScanner

David Lucas djlucas at ORCSD.ORG
Tue Nov 1 20:28:19 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have installed MailScanner 4.46.2 on a Fedora Core 4 box.  I'm constantly
getting Mail Delivery Errors from mail servers on the web.  An example would
be:

      qodiishla at yahoo.com on 11/1/2005 2:58 PM
            The format of the e-mail address is incorrect.  Check the
address, look up the recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient
directly to find out the correct address.
            < durham.orcsd.org #5.1.3 SMTP; 553 VS10-RT Possible forgery or
deactivated due to abuse (#5.1.1) 132.177.176.33>

Or:

      wpascual at unfauxgettable.net on 11/1/2005 2:56 PM
            The message could not be delivered because the recipient's
destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and
try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the
email system of the recipient.
            < durham.orcsd.org #5.1.2>

If I stop MailScanner I don't get these errors.  But once I start it I'm
getting about 6 an hour.  Does anyone have an idea why??