SpamAssassin 3.1 & Pyzor/Razor/DCC

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Wed Nov 2 12:37:21 GMT 2005

Hello all...

MailScanner 4.4.7 on RHEL4... up and till earlier today, SA 3.0.4

Today I upgraded to 3.1, using the handy 'Install-Clam-SA' package,
all went well.

However, I'm beginning to see a problem with the 'hash-based network
tests'
sort of features ... I'd seen this on another box running just
spamc/spamd
and didn't really think it would affect my MS production service, but I
seem
to have run into the same bug.

Basically... a lint is fine.
(I run:
spamassassin -D --prefs-file=/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
--lint )
... you can see the network traffic that is connected to
DCC/Pyzor/Razor, and there is mention of them in the lint output.

However... running up SA from within MS, the first thing that becomes
blindingly obvious is no more tcp/2703 (Razor), udp/24441 (Pyzor) or
udp/6277 (DCC).

Bayes and DNS are fine post the upgrade (plenty of
BAYES_/DNS_FROM/RCVD_IN rules being hit).

Anyone else running any of the above okay with 3.1?

And yes, the 'install-Clam-SA' package enabled the DCC/Razor plugins in
init.pre, as I say, the lint-test seems to be fine.